Does JAL do Refunds?
Canceling a flight ticket is never the first choice of travelers. However, they need to cancel the flight tickets due to unavoidable reasons. In such cases, you don't have to worry about your money if you have booked your flight ticket with Japan Airlines. You will get your ticket money back if you fulfill the Japan Airlines refund policy requirements. Below are some important factors you should know before you apply to get a refund from JAL.
Yes. You can get a refund from Japan Airlines if you have booked a refundable ticket. However, Japan airlines will provide you a certain amount based on JAL refund policy.
How Do I Get a Refund from JAL?
The process to get a refund from JAL is very simple. You need to follow the steps below to request your refund via the official website:
- Open the official website of Japan Airlines first.
- Click on the Manage Booking option and select the Manage Flight Booking tab.
- You will see a form to log in at the Japan Airlines website.
- You have to enter your name, booking number, and flight ticket number in the given area.
- You have to select the boarding date of your flight and hit the Find Flight button.
- You will see your booking where you can cancel your flight.
- If you have already made the cancellation, click on the Refund button beside your ticket.
- Fill the form by following the on-screen instructions and attaching the reason for cancellation.
- After verification, Japan Airlines will initiate your refund shortly.
These are the steps by which you can get a refund fom JAL refund via an online website. If you can't get any updates online, you can also use other ways to get a refund from Japan Airlines.
Other Ways to Get a Refund from Japan Airlines
Using Customer Service:
You can contact Japan Airlines customer service get your refund. The Japan Airlines customer representative will ask for the required information for the refund. Ensure to provide the flight details properly to get a refund for your JAL cancelled flight. Once the live person fills your refund form, you will get a confirmation email at the given address.
At the Airport:
You can apply for a refund while at the airport. You have to visit the Japan Airlines customer service and request your refund from the JAL customer representative.
Japan Airlines Refund Policy
To get a refund from Japan Airlines, you have to go through Japan Airlines refund policy first. So, read the pointers given below carefully:
- You will get the refund amount after subtracting the cancellation charges and the taxes on the fare.
- If you have booked a round trip or connecting flight, you will only get a refund of unused taxes or charges.
- There is a possibility that there is no amount left to provide you refund after refund fare calculation.
- The refund depends on the time and method of payment while ticket purchase.
These are the important things you should know about Japan Airlines refund policy. If you want to get a refund from Japan Airlines, you can check the above segment of this article. You will easily learn the Japan Airlines refund process.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund from JAL Airlines?
Japan Airlines usually takes 7-10 days to initiate your refund. However, the payment method and your bank type also impact your refund. If you have made the payment by credit card, you will get the refund from Japan Airlines (JAL) within 7-10 days. But if the payment is made using another mode of payment, it may take up to 15 days to reflect the refund in your account.
These are the important things you should know if you want to get a refund from JAL. If you have any doubts regarding Japan Airlines refund policy, you can call on the Japan airlines phone number 1-802-618-8008 (Toll free) or 1-800-525-3663 and resolve all your queries. To get a refund from Japan Airlines, you can also request the live person to initiate the Japan Airlines refund simultaneously.