How Do I Get a Refund from JAL?
Does JAL do Refunds?
Yes, Japan airlines do the refund. But Make a note that if you cancel the flight after departure, you will not be eligible to get a refund. You can follow the information below to get your refund. You can use the most suitable options to get your refund. You can speak to the Japan Airlines representative if you are having any issues during the process.
Get a Refund from Japan Airlines
Japan Airlines is a Japanese airline, operating for 80 years. It provides scheduled flight services to around 100 destinations. The airline provides user-friendly services to make its traveler’s journey comfortable and stress-free. With Japan Airlines, you can cancel your ticket apply for a refund anytime. There are several ways to get a refund from JAL. You can apply for the refund online as well as offline also.
If you are confused about getting a refund on Japan Airlines, continue reading the content below till the end. To avoid any confusion, you must go through the refund policy first.
Japan Airlines Refund Policy
- As per The policy refund policy of Japan Airlines, if you cancel a business promotional or award ticket, you will not get any refund.
- If you cancel the reservation after the scheduled departure, you will not be eligible to get a refund.
- You will be eligible to get a full refund if you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of purchase. This policy is applicable for both the ticket types that are refundable and non-refundable
- As per the Japan airline refund policy, if you fail to cancel the ticket within 24 hours of purchase, a cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund amount. For a non-refundable ticket, you will get only govt. taxes
- You will get a full refund in case if the airline itself cancels your flight.
After going through the refund policy of JAL, you can now apply for a refund anytime. Getting a refund is very easy with JAL. The process below will help you in this regard.
How Do I Get a Refund from Japan Airlines?
You will get your refund anytime by following the steps above. The airline will review your refund request and initiate your refund if applicable. The airline will initiate your refund in 7-20 business days, depending on your payment method.
Apply for the Refund Online-
If you have booked your ticket online, at the airport, or via the reservation department, you can apply for the refund online using the steps below.
Simple steps to Apply for the Refund Online
- Open the official website of Japan airlines
- Sign in to your account, else locate the manage my trip section on the homepage
- Enter the confirmation code and last name to get your booking details
- Now select the cancellation reason and, following the instruction online, cancel your ticket
- After you cancel the ticket, you can now submit your refund request form available there
Apply for the Refund Offline-
Via Travel Agency: If you have booked your ticket by a third party, you can call the travel agencies directly and check for your refund request.
Via Reservation Department: You can also call the airline and ask them to apply for a refund. The airline will ask for some travel detail; provide that ASAP. Once done, the airline will cancel your ticket and apply for a refund ASAP.
So following the above Japan airline refund process, you can get your refund anytime. The refund amount depends on the ticket type, fare condition, etc. The -refund amount takes 7-20 business days. For credit cards, debit cards, and other online payments, it takes seven days. For cheque, cash, etc., it takes 20 business days. In case the refund amount gets delayed, you can also speak to the customer support tea of JAL to get refund updates.