How Can I Cancel a Japan Airlines Flight and Get a Refund?
Japan Airlines has been providing world-class services since 1951. It has a fleet size of 159 airships and provides domestic as well as international flights to 92 destinations. It is also active in cargo and mail services across the globe.
The flight tickets are booked in an advance of 60 to 90 days and there are chances that you need to cancel a Japan Airlines flight and get a refund. The Japan Airlines cancellation policy is available on the official website so that you can get information about the cancellation charges or procedure if you need to cancel your booking before the scheduled departure of the flight.
Japan Airlines Cancellation Policy
The Japan Airlines cancellation policy is as follows:
- You have to pay cancellation charges if you cancel the flight on the scheduled day of departure
- Basic fare tickets cannot be cancelled
- The ticket cannot be cancelled after the departure of the flight
- No refund is available on non-refundable tickets
- You can cancel a Japan Airlines flight and get a refund if you cancel the tickets within 24 hours of booking
- You get a full refund if the flight is delayed for more than 4 hours
- You get a full refund in the event of the death of a passenger or co-passenger or any severe casualty or illness in the family
- You get a refund under the 24-hour cancellation facility if the tickets were booked at least 1 week before the scheduled departure of the flight
Japan airlines charge cancellation charges of $100 to $400 if you cancel refundable tickets before the date of departure. You cannot cancel business promotion tickets, economy flexible fare tickets and economy restricted fare tickets. You do not get any refund if you cancel non-refundable tickets. However, you can cancel a Japan Airlines flight and get a refund on refundable tickets under the following conditions-
- If theft of passport takes place
- Not able to take flight due to health issues
- Death in the family
- Due to any govt or military order
The official website contains all the information regarding the cancellation policy of the airlines. This helps the passengers to know about the policy of the airlines before booking the tickets so that you do not face any problems later.
Japan Airlines Cancellation Process
The tickets can be cancelled through the official website. You have to follow the instructions and to cancel a Japan Airlines flight and get a refund. The Japan Airlines cancellation process is as follows:
- Get access to the official website of Japan Airlines on your mobile phone or laptop
- Select ‘manage to book’
- Enter your reservation details
- Select ‘cancel flight’
- Download the details for further use.
You can cancel your tickets from anywhere through your mobile phone or laptop. It is not compulsory to go to the ticket booking counter to cancel your tickets. This facility helps the passengers to complete the process on their own.
Japan Airlines Refund Policy
You can cancel a Japan Airlines flight and get a refund after deducting a certain amount of cancellation charges. Non-refundable tickets also get a refund but under certain conditions. You can see the refund policy in brief:
- No refund on business promotional or award ticket
- Full refund if the booking is cancelled within 24 hours of departure
- Cancellation charges will be deducted if tickets are cancelled after 24 hours of the booking
- Full refund if the airline cancels the flight or delays it for more than 4 hours
All the refund information is available on the official website of the airlines. You can clear your doubt or confusion by reading the terms and conditions. In any situation, if you are not able to clear your doubt or confusion you can contact Japan Airlines customer service team.
Japan Airlines Refund Process
Generally, the refund process is initiated as soon as you cancel the tickets. You can check the status of your tickets whether they are refundable or non-refundable on the official website.
You can cancel a Japan Airlines flight and get a refund in the manner of your payment at the time of booking. You can cancel your ticket from the ticket booking window if you had booked the ticket in cash and get the refund amount. You get the refund amount in 1 to 2 working days if the debit card was used at the time of booking. The Japan Airlines refund process may take 7 to 8 days if a credit card was used for the booking of tickets.