How Do I Change Flight on United Airlines?
If you have booked your flight with United Airlines to explore the new destination, but due to some issues like bad weather or medical emergency, the flight gets canceled, and you want to change a flight on United Airlines. The airline has a very flexible policy for changing flights on United Airlines. According to the 24 hours, risk-free policy, one can change the flight on United Airlines free of cost.
Can I Call United to Change a Flight?
Yes, you can call United Airlines customer service to change a flight. The experts of United Airlines are 24*7 available for passengers looking for help. You can ask customer service to change a flight on United Airlines. However, you might have to pay the cancellation or flight change fee if you raise the request after 24 hours of booking.
What Number Do I Call to Change My United Flight?
One can call United to change a flight on the airline's official number, 866-263-7950. You can talk to the live person of United Airlines and ask customer service to change your United flight. Passengers can use this official number to do various tasks related to flight, such as booking, cancellation, or modifying the booking.
How Do I Call United to Change a Flight?
- Dial the official phone number of United Airlines (800) 864-8331
- Choose your preferred language by pressing 1 or 2 from the dial's pad
- You will hear an IVR voice asking you to choose the digits on your dial pad according to your concern
- Press 1 to check the status of the flight
- Press 2 for making a booking with United Airlines
- Press 3 to modify your existing flight
- Press 4 for MileagePlus information
- Press 5 for other details
- Press 3 from your dial's pad and wait for a few seconds until you connect with the executive
- Once you get connected with customer service, ask them to modify your reservation
- Share the new booking details and the required details, and the customer service will make the changes on your behalf
- Once the changes are completed, the airline will send a confirmation on your phone number and email id
Change United Airlines Flight Online
If the United Airlines phone number doesn't work for you to change flights on United Airlines, then you can use the online methods, where you have to click some tabs, and the airline will complete your flight change. Follow the steps mentioned below to change flights with the airline.
- Go to the official website of the United Airlines, https://www.united.com/en/us/.
- Click on the 'My Trips' tab on the site's homepage.
- Under the 'Manage my trips' select 'My Trips' option.
- Fill in the details such as booking reference and the last name of the passengers in the desired spaces and submit.
- A page with all your reservation details will appear; select the reservation you want to make changes to.
- After selecting the reservation, press the change or modify flight tab.
- Provide the details of the new journey and hit the submit tab.
- After you're done with the new changes, United Airlines will send a confirmation to your registered email id.
United Airlines Flight Change Policy
Before moving further to change United flights, one must acquire every possible information related to the United Airlines Flight Change Policy. Some of the important policies are listed below.
- United Airlines has made the free cost of flight change if you travel within the United States and for international flights from the United States.
- Airlines don't charge a single penny if the change has been raised within 24 hours of booking any type of ticket.
- All kinds of flight changes are subject to availability.
- If you change the flight to a higher class, you have to pay the difference fare of the airfare.
- You can change flights before 3 hours of departure.
How Much Does It Cost to Change United Airlines Flight?
United Airlines has permanently removed the United Airlines flight change fee for the passengers traveling within the United States, and frequent travelers of the airline have been awarded a zero-change fee if the booking originated from the United States. However, the airline charges around $200 to $400 as the change flight fee. If you have MileagePlus, you can use it to make the change flight with United Airlines.