How to Refund Korean Air Ticket?
When you cancel the flight ticket for some reason, the only question that crosses your mind is how you will get the refund. Fortunately, Korean Air offers a very flexible cancellation and refund policy that will not let you suffer any loss. You can request a refund immediately after canceling the flight with the airline. However, if you don't know how to refund Korean air ticket, you can take the help of this article. You can also check the Korean Air refund policy before requesting the refund so that you don't have to suffer in the process. But first, let's look at ways to get the ticket money from Korean Air.
How Do I Get a Refund from Korean Air?
You need to cancel your current booking before following the steps to get a refund from Korean Air. You can request a refund by three methods from the airline.
Method 1: From the Official Website
- Head to the official website of Korean Air first
- Look for the Change and Refund section in the Book menu.
- Click on the Ticket Refund option
- You will find the Claim button on the same page.
- If you can't find the Refund option there, you need to go to the Find Trips section.
- Now, enter your booking number and name to see your canceled flight.
- Hit the Refund button and fill the form to claim
- Attach the id proofs and documents supporting the reason for your refund.
You will get the confirmation in your email regarding all the updates on ticket refund. However, if you can't claim a refund Korean Air ticket to get your money, you can choose the next method. Keep in mind to have your flight information and required documents before claiming the refunds.
Method 2: At the Airport
If you need to cancel your flight due to some issues after reaching the airport, you can go to the Help Desk for help. The customer representative will ask for some information regarding the cancellation. After that, you can get a refund from Korean air.
Method 3: Through Customer Service
You can reach the Korean Air customer service to get your money from the airline. You will find the contact details in the Customer Support section of the airline. You have to choose any support option and process the Korean Air refund. If you choose to contact Korean Air by phone than you just have to simply dial 1 (800) 438-5000 or 1-802-618-8008 (toll-free) number and you will be directly connected to the Korean Air live representative in no time. Please ensure that you provide all the required documents and information to make the process quince.
These are the main methods by which you can get Korean Air refund. Before requesting a refund from the airline, you have to read the Korean Air refund policy. That will help you to save some money from the airline.
Korean Air Refund Policy
- If you have canceled your flight within 24 hours of the booking and there is a seven-day gap in the booking and departure date, you can claim a full refund.
- You will get refunds on nonrefundable tickets only if there is some emergency and you have proof of it.
- You can claim a refund within 30 days after canceling the flight ticket with Korean Air.
- You will get the refund in 3-5 working days after initiating a request for a refund.
These are the major policies you should know before requesting a refund from Korean Air. If you have any questions regarding the Korean Air refund policy, you can take the help of a live person at the airline. The Korean Air customer representative will guide you throughout the refund process but ensure that you have booked the ticket using the airline's official website or customer care. If you have booked a ticket from a travel agency, you need to contact the travel agent regarding refund Korean air ticket.