How Much Does It Cost to Cancel a Lufthansa Flight?
If you need to cancel your booked flight ticket with Lufthansa for some reason, do not worry. You can cancel your Lufthansa flight ticket anytime by paying a small amount of the Lufthansa cancelation fee. In case this is your first time, and you don't have any idea about canceling a flight with Lufthansa, you are at the right place. Here we have come up with all the information you may require to cancel your flight with Lufthansa. To start with, let's understand the process of fight cancellation.
How Can You Cancel a Lufthansa Flight?
If you have booked your flight ticket from any authorized sources of Lufthansa, then you can cancel your Lufthansa flight ticket online and offline. Let's get into detail and understand each of them.
Cancel Lufthansa Flight Online: To cancel your Lufthansa flight ticket online, you can follow the step-by-step instructions given below.
- At first, go to t the official web portal of Lufthansa airlines
- There you can locate the manage booking section on the homepage, click on it
- Now enter the confirmation number and last name of the traveler to retrieve the booking
- From your trip details select the booking which you want to cancel
- Now hit the cancel/change button and confirm your request
- You can check if any cancellation fee is applied and pay for the same
- Once done, you will get an automated mail to confirm your cancelation
Cancel Lufthansa Flight by Phone Call: You can also call the airline's reservation department to cancel Lufthansa flight anytime. To do this, you can dial the Lufthansa reservation number and ask the representative to cancel your flight. The support team will ask for your trip detail and help you cancel your flight simultaneously.
Cancel Lufthansa Flight from Ticket Counter: You can visit the airport ticket counters of Lufthansa and ask the Lufthansa agent to cancel your flight. Make sure you carry all the relevant travel documents with you.
Cancel Lufthansa Flight by Third-Party: If you have booked your flight via a third party or travel agency, you will have to speak to the travel agent directly to cancel your flight ticket.
Now before you proceed with the cancellation, it's important that you also understand the Lufthansa cancellation terms and conditions below.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
As per the Lufthansa cancellation policy, If you want to cancel your Lufthansa flight for free and get a full refund, you need to cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. To avail of the 24-hour policy, you should make a booking at the latest seven days or more before the departure.
- The 24-hour policy is applied for all the ticket types, whether refundable or non-refundable
- After 24 hours, you will get a refund for a refundable ticket after the deduction of the cancellation fee, and there will be no refund for a non-refundable ticket.
- If the airline cancels your flight, you will be eligible to get a full refund, or the airline may also provide you compensation against it.
- In case of bereavement of any family member within four weeks of departure, you can claim a full refund after submitting the death certificate and all the relevant documents.
By noting the above terms and conditions, you can proceed with the cancellation of your Lufthansa flight. Now you must be wondering about the cost to cancel a Lufthansa flight. To check the cancellation cost in detail, keep reading the information below.
How Much is the Lufthansa Cancellation Fee?
The Lufthansa cancellation fee depends on the time you are canceling your flight.
- When you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking, there will be no cancellation fee applied.
- If you cancel the flight after 24 hours, you will have to bear a cancellation fee of around $ 100 to $ 400.
- For flights canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, you will have to bear the cancellation fee of around $ 100 to $ 500
So, once you go through the information above, you can easily cancel your Lufthansa flight anytime. Besides, if you have any issues, you can always speak to the Lufthansa customer support team.