How Do I Get a Refund from Southwest Airlines?
No one wants to bear a loss without their mistakes, that's why Southwest Airlines provides you the chance to request a refund. If you have to cancel the flight in unavoidable circumstances in such cases, you can get a refund from Southwest Airlines by contacting Southwest customer support or request it by filling out a form online. This article contains much information regarding the Southwest Airlines refunds. Check the segments below to prevent yourself from the loss.
If you go through all the steps listed below, you can instantly figure out an effective way to get your refund from Southwest Airlines and get back the hard-earned money you utilized on your flight tickets. Getting a refund from the Southwest Airlines team is not an arduous task, and you can do it by going through the listed points chronologically:
- Visit the Southwest Airlines website with the help of your internet browser.
- Once the website loads, locate and click on the option ‘Change/ Cancel.’
- Fill in the following details:
- Confirmation Number
- First Name
- Last Name
- Select the option ‘Cancel Flight’ and click on ‘Search.’
- The following page will display all the information related to your Southwest flight tickets.
- Now, locate and click on the ‘Refund’ option.
- Fill out the ‘ Southwest Refund Request Form.'
- It will initiate your refund request.
You can simply get a refund from Southwest Airlines with the help of following all the points listed above.
What is Southwest Airlines Refund Policy?
Southwest offers a flexible refund policy to the customers. The passengers get a refund on the flexible fare if they have canceled the booking 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. The Southwest Airlines refund policy is as follow:
- If you cancel the Southwest booking within 24 hours, the airline will refund you on refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- The airline does not provide refunds on Want to Get Away fares. However, the ticket is reusable, following the guidelines.
- Business Select and Anytime Fares are refundable and reusable up to 1 year of the ticket purchase date.
- Depending on the bank type, all the refunds are provided in the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.
These are some important Southwest Airlines refund policy. You can read the points above and get the money back in eligible cases. If you have any doubts about the online refund process, you can contact the Southwest for a refund. The customer representative can help you provide the refund as soon as possible.
How Do I Contact Southwest for a Refund?
You can get the refund by filling out a form on the airline's official website. But if you want to reach the customer support of Southwest for a refund, there are several ways for you give below:
Contact Southwest Using Phone Call
- The Southwest number is given on the official website.
- Dial the number as per your residential area.
- Follow the IVR instructions for a required menu.
- Choose the option and wait to connect with a live person on call.
- Once the representative speaks to you, provide the booking details and request a refund from the marine.
Contact Southwest Using Live Chat
- The Chat option is available on the Help Center page of the airline.
- Click on the message icon at the bottom right corner.
- Choose the Refund opinion from the topics.
- Start the conversation with a customer representative.
- Provide the agent with flight information and ticket details to proceed with the refund process.
The above methods can help you to get a refund from Frontier airlines. Additionally, you can also contact southwest for a refund by email. Ensure to attract the ticket payment receipt and flight details in the email for a smooth process.
Does Southwest Refund If They Cancel Your Flight?
Yes. Southwest Airlines provide compensation of up to $700 if the cancellation is made from their side. However, the airline is only entitled to compensate the passenger if they cancel the flight ticket within 14 days of scheduled departure. There are some other cases where you can get a refund from Southwest Airlines:
- Uninformed cancellation before 14 days
- Cancellation due to unavailability of pilot or staff
- Lack of flight maintenance leads to flight cancellation.
In these cases, you can ask for a refund depending on your ticket type and distance. Ensure to keep the payment receipt, flight information, and contact details with you before applying for a Southwest Airlines refund.
How Long Does Southwest Refund Credit Last?
The Southwest refund credits last for 12 months/ 1 year. You can use the credit for ticket booking and other in-flight facilities. The credits on Southwest are called Travel Funds and tied with the last 6 digits of the canceled flights. Additionally, the expiration date for the credit of the travel fund is given at the backside of the ticket. It is calculated from the date you purchased the ticket with the airline.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Refund from Southwest Airlines?
The refunds from Southwest Airlines are processed within 7- business days from the date you submit the request. The refund time depends on your payment method selected to pay. If you have made a payment other than credit/debit cards, processing your refund may take more than ten days.
Therefore, this information can help you to make money from Southwest. In rare cases, if you face any troubles initiating your refund, contact customer support. The live representative can help you get a refund from Southwest Airlines immediately. You can immediately follow the above instructions and get the money for a flight you didn't use. Afterward, you can book a new flight with a refund and travel comfortably with Southwest.