How Do I Cancel a Flight on Southwest Airlines?
Southwest Airlines offer various facilities to the passengers traveling. You can anytime get quick assistance for your flight reservations and cancellations. If due to some reason or some urgency, you want to cancel a flight on Southwest, the following guide will help you to cancel your flight reservation.
Go to the official website and cancel Southwest Airlines flight online without any hassle. You can also cancel your flight through the customer care service. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below to cancel your booking.
Cancel Southwest Airlines Flight Online
- Go to the official website of Southwest Airlines and make your account login.
- After that, visit the summary of your flight and select the flight your wish to cancel.
- In the cancellation section, click on the “cancel flight” option given at the bottom of your account.
- Once you get completed, you will get the confirmation mail regarding the same through the registered phone number.
Cancel Southwest Airlines Flight Through Customer Support
- Visit the website and reach the customer care service section.
- Grab the customer service toll-free number off Southwest Airlines.
- Dial the number and follow the IVR instructions on the call.
- Press the number related to your fight cancellation query.
- You can also skip all the number press options and wait for a while.
- After your call redirection to one of the service agents of Southwest Airlines, you can request them to cancel your flight easily.
What is Southwest Cancellation Policy?
Southwest Airlines follow the 24 hours cancelation policy for the passengers mentioned below:
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, the airline will offer you a complete refund for your flight tickets.
- If the flight that you booked gets canceled after 24 hours of the ticket purchase, you will not get a complete refund for your flight ticket.
- Rather, you need to pay a certain amount as Southwest Airlines cancellation fee to the airline for your flight cancelation after 24 hours of the scheduled departure.
How Soon Before a Southwest Flight Can I Cancel?
To let you know, a Southwest flight can be canceled upto around 8-10 minutes before the scheduled departure. Southwest Airlines provide the facilities so that the passengers are able to make changes or cancel their flight even at a close interval of departure.
After the cancellation, you can immediately apply for a refund for your flight and can get quick assistance in the original mode of payment. There are various contact mediums as well to request a refund for your flight reservation.
How to Get Know If a Southwest Flight Is Cancelled?
You can check your flight status upto 10-15 minutes before the departure time. The online services and the customer care services of Southwest Airlines will get you notified of your flight cancelation. You can check the flight status update to remain updated.
What happens if my Southwest flight is cancelled?
There are several situations that can occur if your flight gets canceled. You can go through the following circumstances to get informed:
- If your flight has been canceled due to the airline's fault, you can get another subsequent flight for your destination from the airline.
- Due to bad weather conditions, if your flight gets canceled, you can get a refund for your flight in that situation as well.
- Southwest Airlines also may provide you with accommodation if there is no flight till the next morning along with certain transport facilities.
Does Southwest Compensate for Cancelled Flights?
If you are wondering Whether Southwest Airlines compensates for canceled flights or not. So for your information, yes, the Airlines do compensate for the flight cancellations. You can apply for a refund or can get compensated according to the situation that you encounter as per the Southwest Airlines cancelation policy.
Are There Cancellation Fees for Southwest Flights?
However, there are no cancellation fees to cancel your fight on Southwest. But, the Southwest Airlines cancellation fees depend upon the type and the seat class category that you have booked. You can receive the travel funds for your flight tickets if you traveling with non-refundable tickets.
So, the above guide includes all the things that you need to know for your flight cancelation. But if in case you want to know more about how to cancel Southwest Airlines flight or Southwest flight cancellations, you can go through the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy before canceling your flight booking. For further assistance, contact the Southwest Airlines customer service and can get all the information regarding your flight cancellations.