How Can I Get a Refund from Delta Airlines?
We all work hard to earn some money and live a better life. And you will not want your earned money to go to waste if you change your travel plans. Delta Airlines understands your concern and wants you to get your money on a refund request. Delta Airlines has devised a simple yet effective refund policy to ensure that you will not have to confront any problem or inconvenience. Before learning about the process to get a refund from Delta Airlines, let us understand the refund policy of Delta Airlines in detail.
Delta Airlines Refund Policy
- In case your travel plan changes, it is advisable to find the options to cancel your booking before the flight's departure and apply for a refund at the earliest if your ticket is refundable.
- According to Delta Airlines' refund policy, the passenger must cancel the reservation within twenty-four hours to avoid cancellation fees.
- If the passenger has bought a non-refundable ticket, a cancellation fee will be deducted from the cost of the passenger's flight. The balance amount will be provided as an eCredit which can be used to purchase another ticket.
- In some cases, the passengers can request a refund of any unused portion of the non-refundable ticket.
- The passenger needs to request a refund for an upcoming flight if Delta cancels or delays your flight, and you will get a refund in the original payment method.
- If the passenger has bought a refundable ticket, he is eligible for a refund, but the passenger needs to make sure that he cancels the flight before departure in case of a change in travel plans.
Cancel a Delta Non-Refundable Ticket and Apply for Refund:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to cancel a non-refundable ticket and apply for a refund request.
- Please make sure to cancel your ticket before the flight departure. Any tickets changed or canceled after departure will have no balance value.
- Go to Delta Airlines' official website.
- Now you need to find your original booking using a confirmation number or ticket number, or you can log in to your Delta Airlines account.
- Please select the trip you want to cancel.
- Select the 'Cancel Flight' button and follow the on-screen steps.
Cancel a Delta Refundable Ticket and Apply for Refund:
Follow the steps mentioned below to cancel a refundable ticket and apply for a refund request.
- In case of a refundable ticket, you need to ensure that you cancel the booking before the flight departure.
- Open Delta Airlines' official website.
- Please provide your confirmation number or ticket number to find your booking. You can also find your booking by logging in to Delta Airlines' official website.
- Now choose the flight you need to cancel.
- Click on 'Modify Flight.'
- Now click on 'Start Flight Cancellation.'
- Now you can cancel your trip.
Can I Get a Refund from Delta Instead of a Credit?
If you want to know, can you get a refund from Delta Airlines instead of a credit? The answer is yes; you can get a refund instead of credit if you have purchased a refundable ticket. You will receive a refund as per the original method of payment.
Now you are aware of the process to initiate a refund for canceling a Delta Airlines ticket. Suppose if somebody asks you, how do I get a refund from Delta Airlines, you can surely help them out.
Delta Airlines Cancellation Fees and Charges
If your flight ticket is not included in the No Cancellation Fees Policy, the cancellation fees or charges start from $99, depending on your itinerary.
You shall get the balance value of your ticket after deduction of the cancellation charges as an eCredit. The expiry date of your eCredit depends upon the terms of your original ticket.
How Long Does Delta Airlines Take to Refund Your Money?
Delta Airlines makes every possible effort to process your refund request most quickly. Delta Airlines' customer support usually processes the refund request completely within seven business days. Once a refund request is processed by Delta Airlines, the refund amount may take up to two billing cycles to reflect on your debit/credit card statement. eCredits appears on your official account on Delta's website. eCredits can be availed using your ticket number. If the ticket is purchased by cash or a check, it will be refunded in the form of a check to the passenger's name within twenty days of initial receipt of credit or refund request.
Delta Airlines ensures that you do not have to face any problem while applying for a refund. However, if you find the above information insufficient to fill your knowledge bucket and to know more about Delta Refund Policy, please feel free to visit Delta Airlines' official website or call the customer support services to get in touch with a human agent.