How Can I Get a Refund from Delta Airlines?
We all work hard to earn some money and live a better life. And you will not want your earned money to go to waste if you change your travel plans. Delta Airlines understands your concern and wants you to get your money on a refund request. Delta Airlines has devised a simple yet effective refund policy to ensure that you will not have to confront any problem or inconvenience. Before learning about the process to get a refund from Delta Airlines, you must understand the refund policy of Delta Airlines in detail, which is alos mentioned in this article.
How to Get a Refund from Delta Airlines?
If you have canceled a flight with Delta and you want to get a refund from Delta Airlines, then there are multiple options you can select. You can submit a refund or reimbursement form at their website of Delta or you can call them on their refund phone number. By calling on Delta Airlines phone number 1 (800) 847-0578 or 1 (800) 221-1212 (8:00 am - 5:00), you can directly ask how to request a refund or check the status of your refund. Both of the ways with detailed information and proper steps are mentioned below.
Via Refund/Reimbursement Form: You can apply for a refund via submitting the refund request form available on their website. Follow these steps to know more about them.
- Go to Delta Airlines’ official website on your browser.
- Head to the Manage booking section.
- Enter all the details, such as booking no. and last name.
- Here you can find the form for a refund.
- Now fill out the form and submit it.
Via Phone Call: You can also call the Delta Airlines official hotline number, talk to the customer service executive and ask for a refund. Here is how you can do this:
- Visit Delta Airlines’ official website on your browser.
- Now go to the ‘help’ section of the page.
- Here you will see the call option.
- Select the call option to get their number.
- Dial the number 1 (800) 221-1212.
- Press 9 in the IVR to talk to the Customer service official.
Delta Airlines Refund Policy
- In case your travel plan changes, it is advisable to find the options to cancel your booking before the flight's departure and apply for a refund at the earliest if your ticket is refundable.
- According to Delta Airlines' refund policy, the passenger must cancel the reservation within twenty-four hours to avoid cancellation fees.
- If the passenger has bought a non-refundable ticket, a cancellation fee will be deducted from the cost of the passenger's flight. The balance amount will be provided as an eCredit which can be used to purchase another ticket.
- In some cases, the passengers can request a refund of any unused portion of the non-refundable ticket.
- The passenger needs to request a refund for an upcoming flight if Delta cancels or delays your flight, and you will get a refund in the original payment method.
- If the passenger has bought a refundable ticket, he is eligible for a refund, but the passenger needs to make sure that he cancels the flight before departure in case of a change in travel plans.
How Do I Know If My Delta Flight Is Refundable?
Before submitting delta refund request, You can check if your Delta Flight ticket is Refundable or not by entering your booking number, and then contain the details if it is eligible for a refund. Whether your ticket is refundable or non- refundable, you can apply for the Delta refund through the ways mentioned below.
Cancel a Delta Non-Refundable Ticket and Apply for Refund: Follow the below-mentioned steps to cancel a non-refundable ticket and apply for a refund request.
- Please make sure to cancel your ticket before the flight departure. Any tickets changed or canceled after departure will have no balance value.
- Go to Delta Airlines' official website.
- Now you need to find your original booking using a confirmation number or ticket number, or you can log in to your Delta Airlines account.
- Please select the trip you want to cancel.
- Select the 'Cancel Flight' button and follow the on-screen steps.
Cancel a Delta Refundable Ticket and Apply for Refund: Follow the steps mentioned below to cancel a refundable ticket and apply for a refund request.
- In case of a refundable ticket, you need to ensure that you cancel the booking before the flight departure.
- Open Delta Airlines' official website.
- Please provide your confirmation number or ticket number to find your booking. You can also find your booking by logging in to Delta Airlines' official website.
- Now choose the flight you need to cancel.
- Click on 'Modify Flight.'
- Now click on 'Start Flight Cancellation.'
- Now you can cancel your trip.
Can I Get Money If Delta Cancels My Flight?
You will undoubtedly get a delta refund, if Delta cancels your flight by itself. You just have to apply for the refund through either of the methods mentioned above. Through each way, you can get your Delta Airlines refund back.
Can I Get a Refund from Delta Instead of a Credit?
If you want to know, can you get a refund from Delta Airlines instead of a credit? The answer is yes; you can get a refund instead of credit if you have purchased a refundable ticket. You will receive a refund as per the original method of payment. Now you are aware of the process to initiate a refund for canceling a Delta Airlines ticket. Suppose someday you again stuck in a position, where you have to get a refund from Delta Airlines then you can surely help yourself out through this given information.
Delta Airlines Cancellation Fees and Charges
- If your flight ticket is not included in the No Cancellation Fees Policy, the cancellation fees or charges start from $99, depending on your itinerary.
- You shall get the balance value of your ticket after deduction of the cancellation charges as an eCredit. The expiry date of your eCredit depends upon the terms of your original ticket.
How Long Does Delta Airlines Take to Refund Your Money?
Delta Airlines makes every possible effort to process your refund request most quickly. Delta Airlines' customer support usually processes the refund request completely within seven business days. Once a refund request is processed by Delta Airlines, the refund amount may take up to two billing cycles to reflect on your debit/credit card statement. eCredits appears on your official account on Delta's website. eCredits can be availed using your ticket number. If the ticket is purchased by cash or a check, it will be refunded in the form of a check to the passenger's name within twenty days of initial receipt of credit or refund request.