Can you Select Seats on Korean Air?
Korean Air is one of the largest airline and flag carriers of South Korea, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. The airline provides services to various destinations at an affordable cost. People can also select their preferred seat on the airline when booking tickets or during check-in. However, one should ensure that the seats will only be allocated based on the availability of the aircraft. If you do not choose a seat by yourself, your seat will be assigned without any fee at the time of check-in. To know how to select seats on Korean Air or Korean Air seat selection process, read the information given below.
Does Korean Air allow Seat Selection?
The answer to your question is "Yes". Korean Air does allow the seat selection however, A person can only select seat while booking the tickets or during the check-in time. The seat selection charges totally depens on the flight type, seat type and the route. If you want to select seats on Korean air, go with the seat selection policy first.
Korean Air Seat Selection Policy
- For extra legroom and preferred seat, passengers must pay the applicable charges for some specific sections.
- The seat selection can be made from 361 days to 48 hours before departure. Seat selection must be made at least 24 hours before departure for prestige and first-class.
- If you haven't selected a seat in the given time, you'd be assigned a random seat during check-in.
- The airline can change your selected seat without prior official information due to aircraft replacement or other irregular and unstoppable situations.
- The seat map given on the website may be different from the actual configuration of the aircraft you will be boarding.
- You can select your preferred seat through extra points or earned miles. Advance seat selection may be limited according to your booking class or membership level.
- Some seats are not available for selection. These seats can be assigned after flight reservation. Please ensure that the seat allocation will only depend on the availability of the aircraft.
Do I have to Pay extra for Seat Selection?
For Korean Air seat selection procedure, the charges depend on your flight, type of seat and route.
- There is no charge for extra legroom and preferred seats in the Y, B, M sections. But in the rest of the section, the charges depend on the departure location. The payment is processed in the country's currency of the first departure.
- Passengers need not pay any charge for standard seats in all the sections.
How Do I Select Seats on Korean Air?
- Firstly, get a hold of your device and launch the internet browser.
- Now go to the official website of Korean Air and click on the 'manage trips' option from the screen.
- Enter the necessary booking details like the booking ID number and the passenger's last name.
- Another page will appear with all your flight details. Review the details thoroughly, and click on the 'select a seat' option from the menu section.
- The system will display a chart of the available seats on the aircraft. Choose a seat as per your requirement and make the necessary payment, if any.
- Make sure that the seats will only be allocated to you as per the availability on the flight. After selecting a seat, submit your request and wait for the response.
- You'll get notified about the update of the seat selection through your registered email address.
All the information mentioned above can guide you to select seats on Korean Air according to your choice online. You can view the seat charges according to your location on the airline's official website. Apart from these, if you still find any other requirements, you can contact the airline's customer service for help and support. The care team is available via Korean Air phone number, live chat, social media, and email. The links to the following services are present on the homepage of Korean Air. The executives are highly experienced and work efficiently 24 hours a day to assist you.